Demin is a staff engineer and technical lead at Electronic Arts (EA), focusing on building high-performance, secure web applications. He leads different backend teams at Glu (an EA studio) building microservices and libraries using best practices of LEMP. Throughout his career, Demin has worked for a diverse group of companies, from start-ups to some of the Bay Area's largest international corporations, including eBay, Visa, and EA. Besides his daily job at Glu, Demin is an open source contributor, an official evangelist of Swoole, and an occasional conference speaker on PHP.
Conferences and Talks:
- PHP Community Summit 2021: August 20 to 21, 2021 at São Paulo, Brazil; online talk. "Build an All-In-One Application Server Using Swoole" (keynote)
- PHPFest 2020: October 23 to 24, 2020 at Novosibirsk, Russia; online talk. "Building High-Performance Application Servers with Swoole" (video; slides)
- Nomad PHP: August 20, 2020; online talk. "CSP Programming in PHP" (video; slides)
php[tek] 2020: May 18 to 21, 2020 at Nashville, TN. "Building High-Performance Application Servers with Swoole"(conference cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Sunshine PHP 2020: February 6 to 8, 2020 at Miami, USA. "Building High-Performance Application Servers with Swoole"
- ConFoo 2019: March 13 to 15, 2019 at Montreal, Canada.
- Massively Scaled High Performance Web Services with PHP
- Swoole 4: Introducing a New Coroutine Design Pattern in PHP (slides and sample code)
- PHP UK Conference 2019: February 20 to 22, 2019 at London, UK. "Massively Scaled High Performance Web Services with PHP" (video; slides)
- Sunshine PHP 2019: February 7 to 9, 2019 at Miami, USA. "Swoole 4: Introducing the New Coroutine Design Pattern in PHP"
- DC4D: Beyond Performance, online talk about High Performance Web Services with PHP on January 18, 2019.
- Cascadia PHP 2018: September 14 to 15, 2018 at Portland, USA. "Massively Scaled High Performance Web Services with PHP"